- The Book of Life was made by a mexican person, stop with the “this is racist” “not latino enough” “too 'spanish'"commentaries.
- This movie is NOT offensive for us in any way.
- We actually fucking love the art, it’s freaking gorgeous
- This movie it’s released in Halloween but it doesn’t mean they’re mistaking it with Día de Muertos.
- Almost every mexican has a relative called “Maria” because it’s very common here. If they wanted to name the girl as Maria they have all the right to do it.
- If you want to cosplay as “La Muerte”, you can do it, just have in mind that you’re agreeing with respecting this holiday and our culture as it is. YOU CAN, JUST GIVE IT THE RESPECT IT DESERVES. IT’S NOT LIKE HALLOWEEN, WE ACTUALLY RESPECT VERY MUCH OUR TRADITIONS.
- This movie is a way to show the rest of the world our culture and we’re not getting offended about everything.
-With love, a mexican who’s very excited for the movie.
This halloween please say no to these costumes please just say no they are fucking insulting and Dia de los Muertos is NOT HALLOWEEN I REPEAT NOT HALLOWEEN THIS IS NOT A COSTUME PLEASE STOP TREATING IT LIKE ONE
TO ALL THE PEOPLE GETTING FUCKED OFF AT MY POST. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I MADE IT. FOR YOUR PINCHE GUERO PENDEJX ASSES. “WE DO IT OUT OF RESPECT,” MY ASS.
this is capitalism ripping through my memories i hold so sacred. Memories of walking through the streets of Chapala after school with my grandmother, and the smell of plants for the preparation of the big event. Memories of memories of memories
This is capitalism and white supremacy destroying, erasing and making new… something that has connected me with my elderes and ancestors,
This is whiteness telling me my body, our gente is unwanted, dehumanized and conditioned to death but at the same time extracting a part of my identity and wearing it as a mask.
This is a mask made of our dead and torn bodies… this is literally a mask made out of ripped bloody flesh. The flesh of migrants who die every year trying to cross.. the flesh of people who become criminalized and confined behind bars. The bloody flesh of torn bodies from years of exploitation in sweat shops, fruit and vegetable fields, dish washers.. domestic workers…
this is our flesh ripped out cleaned, pampered and styled to fit a white face.
reading a foreign language: yeah
writing in a foreign language: ok
listening to a foreign language: wait
speaking in a foreign language: fuck
Bee & Puppycat is gonna begin airing on Cartoon Hangover starting NOVEMBER 6TH
the safest route!!!
Have you sent them a message about it? Maybe they’ll change it? You could also talk to Tumblr staff about getting the illegally posted content removed.
Yeah, i’ve already sent a message 8(